*the platform has been updated after this article was published. The Text to Analyze option is now located in the Advanced Settings, for more see the most recent Release Notes.
This article and series of videos will introduce you to the Content Analyzer and is your first step in producing better content with MarketMuse!
- Include Single words - toggles single word related topics to the analysis.
- Include Brands - toggles relevant brand names to the related topic results.
- Include People - toggles relevant people to the related topics results.
- Fetch - crawls a page and automatically imports the content to be analyzed.
- Copy and paste - copy and paste your content directly into the content field and click “analyze”.
Content Depth Score
- Content depth score - tells you how well your content covers the focus topic compared to the top ranking pages.
Green means satisfactory coverage, yellow means the coverage needs improvement, red means poor topic coverage.
- Average Content Score - represents the average scores of the top ranking pages.
- Best Content Score - represents the highest content score of the top ranking pages.
- Related topics - represent all the topics that should be mentioned in your content in order to properly cover your focus topic.
- Mentions - shows how often the related topic is mentioned within the content. Much like the content score, green means it’s covered well and yellow means it needs improvement. “0” or gray means that the topic is not mentioned in the content.
- Target - tells you how many times you should mention the topic in your content in order to get the best coverage possible.
- You can run Content Analyzer without content. This can be helpful as it will show you the related topics and the competitive landscape for the focus topic.
- Click compare from the top ranking results to display the competitor's coverage and score in the related topics field.
Related Topic Actions
- Click the “X” on a topic to remove it from the related topics list. The removed topic will be displayed in the advanced settings if you wish to add it back to the list.
- Click on a topic to add it to the content to help you see how the addition of the topic will enhance your content depth score.
- Click on the keyword button to find helpful keyword variants to use in your content.
- Word Count - tells you how many words are used in your content.
- Average Word Count Target - reflects the average word count of the top ranking pages.
- Best Word Count Target - displays the highest word count from the top ranking pages.
- Word count is helpful as it will tell you how many words will need to be written in order to be the best or above average for topic coverage.
Top Ranking Pages
- Helps you to see how well the industry is covering a focus topic.
- Allows you see how much content and topic coverage will be needed.
- Help you to see opportunities to write high-quality content where certain focus topics lack quality content coverage across an industry.