In this article we cover:
- An overview of the Topics section of the Inventory
- The analytics and mouse-over options visible in the prioritized topics
- The Deep Dive panel that appears when you click on a topic in your inventory
Overview of Topics Inventory
Topics surfaces all of the topics relevant to your domain - whether you rank for them or not. During the site audit, the MarketMuse AI creates a keyword universe for your domain, surfacing every topic that should be targeted to improve your domain authority. Some of these topics you may currently rank for, and others you may wish to target with newly created content.
- Topic (1) This section provides a prioritized list of topics that are relevant to your domain’s overall topical authority that require additional content be created. They are prioritized in order of potential impact; in other words, executing content on these related topics, in order, would have the greatest impact on your domain’s SEO growth.
- If a topic has a link underneath, it represents the piece of content that best addresses the topic. Not every topic will have a link if no piece of content addresses the topic.
- Topic insights (2)
- Priority - The priority score is a proprietary metric that incorporates several data points to show you your content optimization opportunities in order of importance. In short, this page is the highest priority for optimization because doing so will have the greatest impact on your domain’s SEO growth.
- Word count - This is the number of words in the piece of content. It does not include boilerplate content such as navigation panes or footers.
- Demand - Demand is a proprietary metric that most closely resembles search volume; however, we bake in a few other relevant factors. Demand can be thought of as a gauge of how well your audience (or potential audience) wants to read about this topic.
- Search (3) Looking for a particular topic? Looking for all topics that contain a single word? Search your inventory.
Mouse-over Options (4) When you mouse over an item in the page inventory, you will reveal two action-oriented options. The first is a selector; use this to add a page to a plan. The second is a brief order button. Use this to order a brief on this piece of content.
Topic Drill Down
You can drill down further into the analytics for any topic in your inventory by clicking on it. A Topic Details box will open.
- Topic insights (1) When you’d like to drill into a particular topic, click on the item to pop out a box with more in-depth SEO intelligence.
- Priority - the priority score shows how relevant this topic is to your domain’s overall strength and growth.
- Any relevant pages related to the topic (2) If your inventory has any coverage of the topic, the associated URL and title will appear in the pop-out box. If your domain has no coverage of the topic, no link will appear.
- Mouse-over Options (3) When you mouse over a topic’s ranking pages, you’ll see an option to do further research. The first pops the topic into the MarketMuse applications and runs them. The next allows you to add the topic to a plan. The last allows you to order a brief on that topic.
- Authority (4) The authority score for your given topic is shown. This demonstrates how authoritative your domain is on this topic, as calculated by how much quality content you’ve published and how well that content spans the full breadth of topical coverage.