In this article we cover:
- An overview of the Topics section of the Inventory
- The analytics and mouse-over options visible in the prioritized topics
- The Deep Dive panel that appears when you click on a topic in your inventory
Overview of Topics Inventory
Topics surfaces all of the topics relevant to your domain - whether you rank for them or not. During the site audit, the MarketMuse AI creates a keyword universe for your domain, surfacing every topic that should be targeted to improve your domain authority. Some of these topics you may currently rank for, and others you may wish to target with newly created content.
- Topic: This section provides a prioritized list of topics that are relevant to your domain’s overall topical authority that requires additional content to be created. They are prioritized in order of potential impact; in other words, executing content on these related topics, in order, would have the greatest impact on your domain’s SEO growth.
- If a topic has a link underneath, it represents the piece of content that best addresses the topic. Not every topic will have a link if no piece of content addresses the topic.
- Topic insights:
- Priority - The priority score is a proprietary metric that incorporates several data points to show you your content optimization opportunities in order of importance. In short, this page is the highest priority for optimization because doing so will have the greatest impact on your domain’s SEO growth.
- Demand - Demand is a proprietary metric that most closely resembles search volume; however, we bake in a few other relevant factors. Demand can be thought of as a gauge of how well your audience (or potential audience) wants to read about this topic.
- Pages - This represents the number of pages in your inventory associated to that topic.
- Search: Looking for a particular topic? Looking for all topics that contain a single word? Search your inventory.
Additional Options: Use the checkbox on the left-hand side of the topic to choose topics to "Add to Brief Bag" or "Add to Plan."
Topic Drill Down
You can drill down further into the analytics for any topic in your inventory by clicking on it. A Topic Details box will open.
- Topic insights: When you’d like to drill into a particular topic, click on the item to pop out a box with more in-depth SEO intelligence. This includes a diagnostic for ranking difficulty and demand.
- Any relevant pages related to the topic: If your inventory has any coverage of the topic, the associated URL and title will appear in the pop-out box. If your domain has no coverage of the topic, no link will appear.
- Additional actions: Click the right-hand toggle next to the topic to run it within in other applications. You can also "Add to Plan" or "Add to Brief Bag." You also have the option to generate a full diagnostic insight on that topic by clicking "Generate Insights."