In this article we cover:
- What are Content Plans?
- An overview of the Plans section of the Inventory
- The analytics and mouse-over options visible in the items within a plan
What are Content Plans?
Plans are groups of opportunities, whether they be pages, topics, or both. You can create plans around a central theme or business objective. If you are on a Silver level plan or higher, we create plans for you and create Content Briefs associated with those plans.
Content Plans are helpful ways to organize your content so that…
- You can group and parse content based on specific goals or initiatives
- You can group content related to a particular topic or section of your site
- Your writers can easily find content assigned to them
- You can break out content ideas for the future
- You can organize content that you’d like to bookmark for brief orders later
Clicking on a plan surfaces all of the topics and pages that have been added to the plan:
- Topic and rank in the SERP: For every topic added to a plan, its rank in the SERP will appear next to it. The plan will surface additional relevant metrics.
- Additional actions: Click the check box next to the topic to run it within in other applications. You can also "Add to Plan" or "Add to Brief Bag" or "Remove from Plan."
- Topic insights: When you’d like to drill into a particular topic, click on the item to pop out a box with more in-depth SEO intelligence. This includes a diagnostic for ranking difficulty and demand.