In this article we cover:
- What are Content Plans?
- An overview of the Plans section of the Inventory
- The analytics and mouse-over options visible in the items within a plan
What are Content Plans?
Plans are groups of opportunities, whether they be pages, topics, or both. You can create plans around a central theme or business objective. If you are on a Silver level plan or higher, we create plans for you and create Content Briefs associated with those plans.
Content Plans are helpful ways to organize your content so that…
- You can group and parse content based on specific goals or initiatives
- You can group content related to a particular topic or section of your site
- Your writers can easily find content assigned to them
- You can break out content ideas for the future
- You can organize content that you’d like to bookmark for brief orders later
Clicking on a plan surfaces all of the topics and pages that have been added to the plan:
- Topic and rank in the SERP (1, 2) For every topic added to a plan, its rank in the SERP will appear next to it. The plan will surface additional relevant metrics.
- Mouse-over Options (3) Mousing over a topic in the plan will reveal options to do further research. You can run this topic in the MarketMuse applications. You can add it to a different plan. Finally, you can order a brief on this topic.
- The X Button (4) Clicking the X when mousing over a topic will remove it from the plan.
- Additional Insights (5) On each topic, additional insights are provided from with the plan view:
- Coverage - this shows how well your domain covers this topic
- Authority - this shows how authoritative your domain is on this topic, based on the quality of content published and how well it spans the breadth of topical coverage
- Competition - this shows how well, on average, your competition is covering this topic