This article covers...
- What is a content plan?
- Who receives MarketMuse Content Plans?
- How do I create a Content Plan?
What are Content Plans?
Content Plans are groups of content (either to be created or optimized) that all target a specific keyword, goal, or business objective. For example:
- Company A may be trying to target a particular keyword. To do so, they create a plan to create three new pieces of content and optimize all of their existing content related to that keyword. Combined, the power of these pages give this company a better chance at gaining traffic and ranking for that keyword.
- Company B may be trying to build out their blog. They create a content plan with each topic around which they will create a new blog article over the coming weeks.
- Company C may be trying to enact a hub-and-spoke cluster content strategy. To do this, they identify powerful pages and then create plans for the related topics that will create the spokes.
Who Receives MarketMuse Content Plans?
MarketMuse Silver and Gold subscribers receive Content Plans and Content Briefs standard as part of their plans. Our Strategic Services Team works with you to understand your content goals and then combines their stellar SEO chops with MarketMuse insights to deliver in-platform Content Plans and Briefs.
How to Create a Content Plan
Some clients may prefer to create their own content plans. Great! To create a content plan, review the content in your inventory. You can view or search both the Pages and Topics sections of your inventory to find topics you may want to add to your plan.
Select the pages or topics you would like to add to a plan by mousing over each item and clicking the “select” button on the left. Select multiple items if desired.
At the top bar menu, the number of items selected will be displayed next to a hashtag (2). Clicking the hashtag will reveal all of your plans. Add the selected item to any plan or create a new plan by clicking “Create New Plan.”
To learn more about the analytics presented in the Plans section of the Inventory, view the Inventory - Plans page.